Recipe name: All-in-One Create Your Own Flavor Combo Breakfast Bar
Yield: 6 Breakfast Bars
Shelf Life: In an air tight container – 7 days (no refrigeration required)
Created by: Linda Micomonaco
- 1 ½ cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 3 scoops NCN Boosted Vegan All-in-One, Vanilla Flavor
- ½ cup NCN Raw Hemp Seed Hearts
- 1 ⅔ Combine nuts, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate, or any of the other ingredients below *
- 1 cup Yacon Syrup or Honey
* Possible choices. Combine 1 ⅔ cups, of your choice, in total for the above recipe.
1. Line a tray with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the All-in-One powder, salt, hemp hearts and nut/seed/fruit mix. Set aside.
3. Toast the oats in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. It will take approximately 6-8 minutes to achieve a nice golden brown colour. Shake the pan or using a wooden spoon move around the contents every 30 seconds. This is necessary to ensure a nice even browning of the oats. It will take about 4 minutes before you will see any browning but in the last few minutes the browning will occur quickly so keep an eye on it and stir more often at this point.
4. Once the oats are browned, turn off the heat and pour them into the bowl with the All-in-One powder mixture. Mix well so that everything is evenly coated with the powder.
5. Pour the yacon syrup or honey while the oats are still warm. Mix it well so that everything is well coated with the syrup or honey.
6. If adding chocolate, add in as the last addition and mix well. The chips are added to the end so that they don’t melt.
7. Pour the mixture on a paper lined tray and begin to shape the mixture into a rectangle. This can be done more easily by putting a second piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture creating a barrier between your hands and the sticky mixture. Keep pressing down and shaping the mixture until it’s rectangular in shape. By pressing the mixture down and making more firm, it will make it more stable when it’s cut into bars.
8. Leave the bars to dry for at least 4 hours, or leave over night before cutting into desired pieces.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||73.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14.4 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.